History of Missouri College
At Missouri College, the emphasis has always been on students and enhancing their opportunities to succeed. Ours is a career-focused institution of higher education providing opportunities to a diverse student population.
Founded in 1963 by Dr. S.L. Gilberg, D.D.S., the college was first incorporated as the Missouri School for Doctors’ Assistants in Clayton, Missouri. The college became nationally accredited in April 1970 by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (formerly National Association of Trade and Technical Schools).
In 1993, the institution was approved for degree granting status by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) to offer Associate of Occupational Studies degree programs in both health and business career fields. This expansion into business courses prompted the institution to change its name from Missouri School for Doctors’ Assistants to Missouri College in July 1995.
In September of 2002, Career Education Corporation acquired Missouri College. Shortly after this purchase, Missouri College became approved as a bachelor degree granting institution.
In 2008, Missouri College began offering online classes developed through the Missouri College Flexible Learning Model. With more than 45 years of dedication in providing quality graduates to our community, Missouri College continues to look for positive ways to impact our community, one student at a time.
In January of 2009 Missouri College moved into a new facility at 1405 South Hanley in Brentwood, Missouri. Missouri College is now accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
To learn more about Missouri College, our degree programs or how to apply for admission, please contact us for more information.